Arms and Ammo is happy to accept a transfer from any other FFL across the United States. We charge $30 to facilitate the transfer and then an addition $10 for your background check. Should you choose to have multiple transfers as once – we only charge you for a single background check per group of transfers. If you have any questions or would like to proceed with an FFL transfer please call or email us to being the transfer process.
Transfer Guidelines and Store Policies
- If you are a NON-U.S. CITIZEN, per federal law, please bring ALL of your immigration status documents WITH YOU when you come in to complete the paperwork so that we can verify the authenticity of them and make copies. If you are unsure of what to bring, bring it ALL, or contact us during regular business hours for clarification. We will NOT transfer any firearms without these documents. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If the background check comes back “DENIED” anytime during the background process, the transferee is still responsible for the transfer fee(s) and the transferee is responsible for the return to the online seller. If there is no resolution of return of firearm after a background denial and/or not picked up after 30 days (with no communication or agreement for extended storage) the item will then be considered ABANDONED and become the legal property of the store without compensation to the transferee.
- We handle a large number of transfers. With that being said, we do allow our transferees ONE (1) WEEK to pick up their transfers after receiving notice that it’s ready for pick up. Any additional time will require prior store consent and/or storage fees. Any items left beyond one month without proper communication, will be designated abandoned and become legal property of the store without compensation to transferee.
- Any outgoing transfers that require shipment will be charges actual shipping charges plus a service fee of $20 to cover packaging ans transportation of the transfer to the appropriate shipper.
- Do I need to be a Tennessee resident to have a transfer fulfilled at Arms and Ammo? YES
- What happens if I have a firearm shipped to you and I don;t pass the background check? The weapon must be shipped back to the seller, if you do not pass the background check you cannot take possession of the weapon.
- Do I need to pay Tennessee sales tax on a weapons transfer? NO
- Why is shipping for a firearm seem so expensive? Federal law mandates that all firearms be shipped overnight, UPS and Fedex ship all their handguns overnight. Long guns may be shipped ground via UPS.
- If I fail the background check does that mean I cannot take possession of the weapon? YES. There is a process to appeal the decision but until you have passed the background check – we cannot release the weapon.